Frequently Asked Questions about Donor EXPRESS
Click on any question to view its answer.
- What is Donor EXPRESS?
It is a web-based computer assisted self interview (CASI) program that allows blood donors like you to answer required health history questions independently, in a private setting at a time that’s convenient for you.
- How does it work?
You can access Donor EXPRESS on the day of your donation. Using this new web-based format, you are able to answer health history questions confidentially, print out a page with bar codes that contain your hidden responses, and bring it with you to your donation appointment.
- How far in advance can I complete my health history questions using Donor EXPRESS?
Your health history questions can only be completed on the same day of your blood donation. Online interviews completed prior to 12:00 a.m. the day of donation will be invalid, and you will have to repeat the interview at the time of your donation.
- What are the technical requirements and limitations?
- Donor EXPRESS is currently only fully supported in Internet Explorer 6.0 or above or Firefox 3.0 or above.
- Donor EXPRESS is not compatible with Mac OS operating systems at this time.
- Donor EXPRESS requires the latest version of Adobe Reader. Click here to download a free copy of Adobe Reader.
- Donor EXPRESS is not currently supported on handheld devices such as mobile phones and tablets.
- What if I can’t access Donor EXPRESS from my work computer?
We make Donor EXPRESS available, securely through standard protocols, to all internet users. However, access to it may be restricted on some employers’ or service providers’ networks, for reasons of their own. If you have difficulty accessing or completing the Donor EXPRESS questionnaire, please contact the technical support team at your organization. We cannot provide technical support outside of our own network boundaries.
- Will I have to answer the questions again when I arrive to donate?
No, not usually. A member of our staff will scan your Donor EXPRESS form and review your responses. In rare instances, you may have to answer the questions again at the time of donation if:
- the bar code on the form cannot be read by the scanner,
- the Donor EXPRESS questionnaire is not completed on the same day as your blood donation or
- the computer systems are down at the time of your donation.
- What if I answer a question incorrectly?
You will have the opportunity to go back and correct your answers at any time during the interview process by selecting the “Review Answers” button. If you have already completed the interview and printed your Donor EXPRESS form, you should notify our staff of your desire to change an answer.
- What if I’m not sure how to answer a question?
Using Donor EXPRESS you can skip a question and review it with our staff at the time of your donation.
- Am I required to answer my health history questions using Donor EXPRESS?
No. You will continue to have the option to complete your health history interview one-to-one with a staff member at the time of your donation.
- Does Donor EXPRESS ask different questions than a typical health history interview?
No. All blood donors are asked the same required health history questions—regardless of the format used to answer them.
- What if I lose my Donor EXPRESS form?
You will need to complete a new pre-donation health history questionnaire if your Donor EXPRESS form is lost. You can choose to complete it for a second time online or at the donation site.
- What if I am unable to make my appointment after I have completed Donor EXPRESS?
We realize our donors sometimes face scheduling issues that can interfere with their appointments. However, because your questionnaire responses must be answered on the day of your donation, you will need to answer them again on the day you are able to donate.
- How can I contact someone for assistance while completing the questionnaire?
Our customer service representatives are available to assist with your questions. Call 877-340-8777, Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., or Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. If you are completing the questionnaire at another time of day and have a question that isn’t addressed above, you may either finish your questionnaire as best as you can and bring it in to see if it can be used when you donate, or wait to complete it at a time when our customer service representatives are available.
- What if I am unable to print the Donor EXPRESS form?
Donor EXPRESS requires Adobe Reader version 9.4 or newer. You must have in-browser plug-ins and pop-ups enabled in order to print the Donor EXPRESS form.
Click here to download a free copy of Adobe Reader.
- What if I have Internet Explorer 6 or higher, but it says I don’t have the correct browser?
It may be necessary for you to add obi.org in the Compatibility View settings in Internet Explorer.
While you are on the obi.org website. Go to Tools (looks like a gear in the upper right corner) and click on Compatibility View settings.
Ensure it says obi.org. Click add. Click close. Now, return to the requirements page.