After You Donate, We Want You To Know…
Some simple suggestions to make you feel good after you give blood!
- Eat well and increase your fluid intake for the next 24-48 hours.
- Do not smoke for thirty minutes and avoid smoking areas.
- Avoid drinking alcohol for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Avoid strenuous physical activity and heavy lifting for about 2 hours.
- Remove the Coban bandage after two hours.
If you should become light-headed or dizzy after donating, please follow these instructions:
- If driving a car, pull over immediately and stop.
- Lie Down.
- Loosen collar or neckwear.
- If possible, seek a cool place and drink cool liquids.